It’s been a long time coming, but the next version of Frank has been released. This is a significant update and is intended to set the stage for the foreseeable future releases. Perhaps the biggest change is the Frank project repo now only contains the main parent theme. Frank for Some Random Dude, its child theme, now exists at github.com/somerandomdude/frank-somerandomdude. This may cause some initial confusion, but it will make everyone’s lives better in the long-term.
I am particularly happy to get 0.9.2 out because it finally frees us up to start working on 0.9.3 which is going to be a lot of fun. The theme for 0.9.3 is automation. We will be using Grunt to make theme setup, development and deployment more streamlined. We’ve already been picking away at it, but we’ll finally be able to dig into it with our entire focus.
Here’s the full list of changes for 0.9.2:
- Broke up the repository into two separate repos.
- Cleaned up the repo dramatically
- Added option to remove version URL parameter to enqueued scripts
- Added option to remove version URL parameter to enqueued styles
- Added option to remove WordPress version meta tag
- Converted main content div to the ‘main’ tag
- Fixed 404 template
- Added individual IDs for comments
- Made comments count in sidebar a link
- Fixed font size for unordered list within 3-up view
- Fixed pagination margins
- Fixed list line-height in content section UI
- Improved structure and organization of SCSS/CSS
- Increased optimization of SCSS/CSS
- Broke up global.scss into smaller modules
- Text input placeholder replacements for IE
- Made the removal of script/style version URL parameter optional
- Added French translation
- Added Polish translation